Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Engagement


Our engagement was long awaited! Four years and nine months in the making...

On December 23, 2009 it finally happened! Tyler had planned for us to eat at an amazing restaurant, Mike's Place, in Conway. We had planned on having a double date with Matt and Jessie that night with pictures by the Christmas lights and dinner. Ty had said we were celebrating my new job to throw me off! Also with Matt and Jessie going I didn't expect what was going to happen!

All day long I had a nervous, anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach. I knew something was different... Tyler wouldn't answer my phone calls all day long. He is horrible at keeping secrets... well... secret because "he forgets" they are secrets... right... So in order to keep it a total secret he decided not to
answer the phone.

When I got home from work that day (which was my last
day) I told him about my nervous/anxious feeling I had been having and of course he just shrugged his shoulders with no reply. We made our way to the restaurant and before going in we had to take pictures with the lights... in the rain... First we took Matt and Jessie's picture; then it was our turn. On about the third flash Tyler got down on one knee and opened a lighted box with a GORGEOUS ring in it! He said some things I don't remember, but my first reaction was to hug and kiss him! After it sank in a bit, he reminded me that I hadn't answered his question, "Will you marry me?". I said, OF COURSE I WILL! We then proceeded to dinner, had a bottle of champagne - which we kept after we drank it all! Each year we will burn a different colored candle to make it a work of art!

I'm so thankful for Matt and Jessie! Because of them, we have pictures of our moment. Thank you guys!




3 comments:

  1. Great story! I love it that you have pictures! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to blog! Can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooooo excited to go look for the "perfect" dress!! We will have fun! What an awesome experience it will be!! I love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete