Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our Venue

For a really long time Tyler and I, as well as our families, have thought our wedding venue would be at Garvan Gardens in Hot Springs. When the time came to FINALLY go look at the "perfect" location we were ecstatic! We made an appointment with Garvan before we had even thought about anything else. We wanted to make sure we booked in enough time! We made a day out of it... Ate lunch with the parents, all went together to the gardens, and unfortunately, we were all disappointed together. Come to find out the "Great Lawn" where we had discussed having the wedding had been closed by the facility due to excessive "high heel" wear and tear! Such a disappointment. To keep our "Garvan" dream alive we visited the Anthony Chapel. Of course, we didn't like that either. As a little girl I never dreamed of my wedding being in a church or chapel; I had always dreamed of a colorful garden background with trees and flowers! So automatically I was turned off by the chapel and felt it would be settling with that venue. Back to the drawing board!

Our planner, Jessica Kersey (http://finishingtoucheventdesign.net/), had suggested several places we go look... Well one being Marlsgate Plantation. I wasn't so sure about this place... The southern plantation houses were never "love at first sight" for me. But, to keep an open mind we decided to go take a look. I'm pretty sure as we were driving down the 'ol country road (just like back home) something felt right about it. As we got closer to the plantation we see a GORGEOUS lake with ducks and geese flying all around. It was just amazing! As we rounded the corner our mouths dropped! So we pull up and park and as we are about to enter the gate... Tyler and I look at each other and it was the most amazing feeling. I just can't describe. I had butterflies; Tyler was giddy. It was perfection. It was the feeling I knew we were "suppose" to have. Before we even stepped foot on the property, we knew... Jessica knew it was the place too. After talking to the owner and touring the property, we had fallen in love again and knew that this was THE PLACE for our wedding. Nothing will ever replace that moment. I am so glad we had that experience and the best part is... that is was together! Ahhh...

This will be the third time I have described our experience and all three times it feels like when we first saw Our Venue. I think that tells us something...

3 comments:

  1. Of course in my mind the Southern plantation home is right up my alley!! My favorite part of American history is the Civil War era and my favorite romance novels to read (when I read them) are Civil War romance novels, especially those by Jennifer Blake. I can't wait to see the inside of Marlsgate and all the history that it inside. Oh if all of those possessions could talk what stories they would tell!! It will be a perfect setting for a beautiful wedding shared by all our family and friends. I am sure your dad will agree with me that our little girl has grown up to be a beautiful young woman. We are so proud of you and all of your accomplishments. You deserve every happiness that can come your way. I love Tyler with all my heart for coming into our lives and putting that glow in your eyes and in your smile. It is very reassuring to me when I go to sleep at night that I know that Tyler will always be by your side to take care of you and protect you. To him I will always be grateful. I look forward to the whole process. I only get to do this once so I am going to enjoy every minute of it. I love both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mom! Thank you for those beautiful words! My eyes got misty... WE LOVE YOU TOO!

    You history junkie... Umm, he had antique clothing in there as well. Talk about my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, I was going to comment on your post but then your mom made me tear up!
    I got chills again reading this and this is the second time i've heard of the venue!!
    I'm soooo excited for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete