Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Perfect Dress

On March 27, 2010 at 6:00pm in Neiman's bridal boutique I ordered my wedding dress! The whole day of jam packed appointments was such a great experience and I am so thankful I was able to share it with my mom, my grandmother, and my best friend!

The day started off optimistic as we walked into Priscilla of Boston; however, as they opened the door for business - we were the first appointment - I realized I had forgotten my beautiful wedding shoes... Boo! But we weren't going to let that damper our day! The associate who help us there was phenomenal. She knew exactly my style in 5 minutes of talking with me. Amazing! I had two dresses chosen and I would have been perfectly happy with either! I had finished trying on wedding gowns in time for Jamie to try on bridesmaids dresses. We thought we had gotten off to a very productive start.

Our next appointment was at Warren Barron. I fell in love with the boutique and the selection they had. I also loved the staff. They were so genuine and precious. I recommend this bridal boutique to EVERYONE! During this appointment - something AMAZING happened. As I tried on gown after gown that I had picked out we just couldn't decide. They were all so gorgeous! But, there was one still on the rack that my mom had eyed on the internet a couple weeks back... So I thought I would give it a shot - you know to appease my mom. When I walked out of the dressing room in this gown... My mother, grandmother, and Jamie cried. We knew this one blew the previous appointments' dresses out of the water... Now we narrowed down to four styles; two of which were totally not what I had originally wanted in my wedding gown. I left Warren Barron feeling confused, exhausted, and wondered I was ever going to decide...

Then it was on to Neiman Marcus - downtown flagship. Of course being the "fashion craved" female that I am... this was the perfect place for me. I knew that my heart was on a couple of dresses at Warren Barron, but I was keeping an open mind, always. As I picked out which dresses I wanted to try on... I noticed a very familiar (there are the goose bumps again) gown. I told my bridal consultant, Christina, about my experience at Warren Barron and she said then we must try it on again. There were two at Neiman's that I fell in love with. One of which was the dress everyone got emotional about, but one difference... It had a different design aspect than the other and for the better! Right then I knew, this was my wedding gown. A wedding gown that had surprised all of us because it was everything I said I didn't want... But it turned out to be everything I had ever dreamed of: perfection.

I have chosen not to reveal my wedding dress in pictures and/or in writing for several reasons. One, most importantly, I want to TUG AT TYLER'S HEART STRINGS on our wedding day. Two, pictures or words do not give this dress justice (maybe Dale's pictures, maybe) but not an ordinary 'ol fool. Three, I want the moment of being "unveiled" (no pun intended) to the world - or at least our wedding guests.

1 comment:

  1. And... I can't figure out how to send all the pictures to you!! LOL.. I have you to help me soon though! LOL. I'm soooo glad I got to go with you and Ahhhh you do have the PERFECT dress!! i'm soo glad I got to come!!!!! :) LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete